IMPHAL, Aug 21: The Bharatiya Janata Pary (BJP), Manipur State Unit, observed “Save Kashmir Day” today at its office located at Nityaipat Chuthek, Imphal.
A release of the Party stated that the observation was graced by the president of BJP, Manipur State Unit, Sh. Shantikumar Sharma as the chief guest.
During the observation function, Shantikumar said that the situation in Kashmir continues to be out of control for quite some time now. The separatist organizations are virtually running a parallel government and these elements are getting cross-border support and assistance, he noted.
He also stated that in spite of all these facts being evident, the UPA government is not taking any concrete step to quell the untoward situation in Kashmir. In this regard, the BJP would stage protest programmes in all parts of the country against capitulating policies of the Congress led UPA government at the Centre before the separatists and terrorists on Kashmir issues, he added.
Further, Shantikumar stated that the BJP is totally against the autonomy policy of Kashmir as proposed by the Prime Minister of India at the Parliament recently. The UPA would be further cautioned against its weak and pusillanimous Kashmir Policy by holding “Save Kashmir” programmes all over the state, he said.
Related articles by Zemanta
- You: Manmohan must explain autonomy for J&K;remark, demands BJP (nation.com.pk)
- The Unique Peaceful Resolution of the Kashmir Issue! (current.com)
- Centre concerned about Kashmir situation, says Chidambaram (thehindu.com)
- Situation has taken a serious turn: Chidambaram (thehindu.com)
- Anti-India protests spread in Kashmir, 2 killed (calgaryherald.com)