BLUE & GREEN
1. What is BLUE & GREEN (In short B&G)?
It is a nonprofit self-volunteer banner name to market Manipur state as an Organic and pollution free State.
2. Why the color BLUE & GREEN?
It’s a natural color that gives a universal importance to every living being.
3. BLUE signifies collectiveness of life and
GREEN signifies the importance of pollution free to give respect to natural resources which has given us life.
4. What is B&G objective?
This is a volunteer initiative with the perspective of highlighting the danger we are into. And also to bring the point of realization that, It doesn’t take extra effort to contribute for the cause but just the same amount of time we spend on throwing the waste in public place. It’s just about systematically disposing off & recycling for better future.
Manipur, a state once referred to as “Switzerland of India” and “sana leipak”, which is the centre of Indo-Burma region Mega Bio-diversity Hot Spot, is home to a variety of flora and fauna, with multiple vegetation, herbs, plants and animals which contribute to our healthy environment and food habit. Now, it is in danger of being under siege with the replacement of natural process with chemicals and pollution. In the name of modernization we are killing our own selves by polluting the place that has given us so much. Before the place which was once considered as the most fertile place, turns into a poison generating mine field, we the people, have to stand up and not wait for others to initiate and work towards….
- PLASTIC WASTE CONTROL AND RECYCLE AWARENESS
- EFFECTIVE BANNING ON PLASTIC BAGS
- INTRODUCTION OF WASTE RECYCLE PAPERS AND OTHER ORGANIC BAGS OR PRODUCTS.
- MAKING MANIPUR FOCUS FOR ORGANIC APPROACH FOR SELF SUSTAINABLE AND HEALTHY PRODUCTS.
- BRING CREATIVITY TO CHANGE THINGS ORGANICALLY AND SURVIVE.
5. Who are the team for BLUE & GREEN campaign?
As *iFD (Institute of Fashion Design, Lilong Chajing Manipur) alone cannot bring the message with practical results, we have taken help and support from every like thinking individuals and organizations.
Most of the main core organizing team will be the staff of iFD along with registered and selected volunteers in accordance with iFD. They are individuals which come from all walks of life and age groups.
6. What practical approach will be adopted by BLUE & GREEN for effective control of pollution due to Plastic misuses?
- Request government departments to start plastic waste recycle plan which can be used for other useful purposes like road surfacing (plastic waste and bitumen technology)
- Giving dead line on replacement of new alternatives.
- Banning use of water bottles in feast but giving an alternative like mineral water movable/mobile tank with disposable paper glasses etc or recycle the bottles back to the mineral water supplier.
- Introduction and encouragement of local clubs to start their own waste recycle programme which in turn will generate revenue and self-employment. Free presentation on details of how to recycle will be given by experts.
- Ban/fine on whole sellers and manufacturer of banned plastic in association with other non-profit organizations.
- High tax on plastic products and manufacturers.
- Introduction of drinking water vendor in different strategic location of the cities.
- Encourage paper tea cup manufacturing and supplies.
- Use of banana leaf for meat and fishes along with paper bag, and aluminum foil for wrapping cooked curries.
- Request the newspaper Hawkers’ association to do the collection of waste and used paper for recycling every Saturday and Sunday. The collected papers will be forwarded to paper recycle groups or re-sell in the market.
- Free training programme to unemployed interested individuals on recycling of waste and making of useful products, in turn providing self-employment.
- Encourage people building concrete house to dump plastic wastes beneath their floor.
- Tear plastic into fibers and use them as soft cushion, comforters, pillows, toy fillings etc.
- FOCUS ON AWARENESS IN DEVELOPMENT OF ORGANIC AND NATURAL PROCESSES TO HELP THE EVER GROWING DEMANDS WITHOUT DEPENDING ON OUTSIDE HARMFUL CHEMICALS
Blue & Green team needs more suggestions, please send it to devsonsyengs(at)gmail(dot)com Mobile # +91 -9774269718
Institute of Fashion
Institute of Fashion design, Lilong Chanjing was established in 2008 at a rented unused women society building of Lilong Chajing Awang Leikai. The institute is the brain child of Yengkhom Devson, Fashion Designer.
The Institute has been producing and helping young people of Manipur to have their career in fashion and employ themselves. The institute believes in imparting knowledge & skill to those people who have passion for a career in fashion, to get quality training and it is also one option for those less fortunate who was unable to pursue education or because situations have compelled them to. They are groomed with latest techniques and information about fashion and designs. The initiation was to give a new light of hope, a way to establish them and be self-employed, and at the same time, to bring professionalism in doing what they love to do.
iFD has also taken responsibility to send a message on environmental issues due to plastic pollutions. As part of the awareness campaign, iFD had organized a small creative exercise in the form of fashion show with dresses made out of waste plastic and papers in 2008 and it had received overwhelming response. With the success of the first trial, iFD has now taken up the challenge to organize an awareness campaign on plastic pollution for the whole of Manipur in association with like-minded organizations and volunteers.
With touch of heart, iFD “vision to contribute” in keeping hope alive.
IT DOESN’T MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU FALL DOWN
IT MATTERS HOW YOU WILL COMPLETE
BY GIVING UP