China may have higher achievements than India, but when it comes to building image in the international forum, the Chinese govt have a lot to learn from India.
1. India attacked East Pakistan and helped the East Pakistanis
(Bangladeshis) form a separate country Bangladesh in 1971. It did not draw any world criticism because of proper media management. Can Pakistan dare to do this in Kashmir? Never.
2. India shelters Dalai Lama. Can China even think of providing shelter to Geelani or Asiya Andrabi? Never.
3. India is the only country in the world which has successfully
brought down all secessionist movements, starting from Tamil Elam, Manipur, Khalistan in Punjab, Kashmir, Nagaland, Assam etc. No other country has used such millions of military men to thrash armed revolutions so ruthlessly. Yet it can dictat the U.S. to go ahead for a seat in the United Nationa Security Council.
4. Many western capitalist economies and allies like India has succeeded in causing damage to the image of China when it comes to human rights violations in Tibet. But no one questions India regarding gross human rights violation in Kashmir, the scale of which is much higher than in Tibet.
5. India uses the Mahatma Gandhi as a brand. Will the world leaders ever talk about modern day Indian Gandhis like Irom Sharmila, Medha Patkar, etc. who echo the problems of today’s grassroots in India?
Gandhi succeeded because the British were a civilized group of people.
If he was alive today, he would have faced the same fate as Irom Sharmila of Manipur.
6. Some organizations accuse China of imposing Mandarin on Tibetan people. But no one has pointed out to the steady destruction of the tribal languages in Arunachal Pradesh since 1971. In the last 30 years, the destruction of the language Nefamese (a variant of Assamese) and the imposition of Hindi is one of the remarkable achievements of the Indian central government. What more, the gullible masses of Arunachal Pradesh don’t even realize this reality!
China is a baby when it comes to media management and in strategies relates to image building. The mainland Indian government and the national media is way ahead and far clever than their Chinese counterparts. They can make common public believe what they want them to believe. They can give an eye-wash to the entire world. The Chinese need to take special classes from Indian central govt, Indian army and Indian media.