- UCM reiterates stand on territorial boundary ahead of GOI-NSCN (IM) talk
- MPP joins Hiyanglam by-poll fight, announces candidate
- JCILPS clarifies on reported after talk stalemate with All political parties committee
- Govindas proposes textiles park under NERTPS during annual conference of Textile ministers
- Encourage a sense of nationalism, AMWJU president tells students
- Awareness campaign on centrally sponsored schemes inaugurated at CCpur
Micro finance policy brings a boon to Ukhrul villagers
From John K Kaping
UKHRUL, Dec 10: The launching of a new â€œMicro-Insurance Policyâ€ in Ukhrul district by the Sub-Divisional Office(SDO), Ukhrul, Rajen Vishal (IAS) has brought a â€œboonâ€ to Ukhrul villagers as the policy contains systematic and innovative policy fostering better life dependency towards the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Gaurantee Act (MNREGA) Job Card holders in introducing the Insurance Policy under the MNREGS Operational Guidelines.
The Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO)/BDO UKhrul Rajen Vishal, IAS has initiated a new policy with the concern and interest of the welfare of the Job-Card beneficiaries under MNREGS to implement within the financial fiscal year by organizing â€œEducation and Awareness Campaignâ€ to all the concern Job-Card holders to have a â€œnut-shellâ€ boon notion by availing or in part proactive to the Policy.
The new policy reflects the importance of covering the threats faced by the villagers during the course of discharging duties in paddy field, travelling in truck, Shaktiman or taxi etc. thereon any workers may at any time meet life casualties.
The â€œBoon Policyâ€ is specially meant for the job-card holders concerning with the MNGEGS committee along with the villagers MNREGS Job-Card beneficiaries and its success is predicted to depend on the support of th epeople and their participation.
Aâ€Comprehensive Awareness Campaignâ€ aiming to project the feasible and affordable â€œMicro-Insurance Policyâ€ has also been launched recently at LMTD Block .