State govt to attend UNC talk with chief secretary representing state: SPF spokesperson

289

IMPHAL, June 21: Amidst calls from various valley based civil bodies for the state government to shun from attending the proposed tripartite talks between the state, United Naga Council and the centre the state government has today approved its participation in the proposed tripartite. 

The decision was taken during a cabinet meeting late this evening.

Briefing media persons after the cabinet meeting which was chaired by the state Chief Minister, SPF spokesperson and IFCD minister N Biren clarified that the UNC is a civil society body and it is the duty of the state government as a guardian to look into the grievances of the people of the state.

Further expressing the decisions of the cabinet meeting held late this evening, he added that even though the government will be participating in the said proposed talk, it will be represented by a team led by the state chief secretary and no legislator or cabinet minister will be present in the proposed talk, which according to the SPF spokesperson will be held on June 30 at Senapati district.

Meanwhile, as a step towards improving the education system in the state, minister Biren maintained that the cabinet has decided to introduce a new eligibility test for the candidates desiring to be teachers. According to the new system, any aspiring teacher can seat for the test, and once he or she has passed the eligibility test, the candidate will be eligible for seven years, stated the spokesperson.

Further elaborating on the test the spokesperson stated that the test which would come into effect from the current year will become a mandate for every aspiring teacher to re-appear in the eligibility test after the expiration of the validity of seven years. Without the certificate of the eligibility test none of the individuals would be liable to become a teacher in a government school, he further added.

In order to contend the rising number of BPL population in the state, the state cabinet has also adopted to conduct a survey to determine the exact number of the BPL population in the hills and as well as in the valley areas of the state, maintained the minister.

The cabinet has further advised the formation of a co-ordination committee led by the chief secretary to conduct the survey he said adding classification of the households would be done in three steps.

The SPF spokesperson further agreed to release a fund of Rs. 30 lakhs to compensate the 72 household affected by the land acquisition meant for the expansion of the Jiribam Police station.

Besides that the meeting has also agreed to compensate the victims of the bomb blast at the ADC office, Khuman Lampak and, said that a sum of Rs two lakh will be given to the injured mother and Rs one lakh to the youngest daughter who suffered severe injuries in the blast.

Further according to the spokesperson, the meet has also approved to release about Rs 3 crores from the PDA to expand the road stretch from North AOC to Minuthong at a negotiable rate, as an earlier cabinet had already decided the expansion of the said road.

The cabinet has also decided to hand over the construct of a road between Ibulon to Bhupailon inside Churachandpur district to the Broder Road Organization which will amount to a total of Rs 6 crores, the spokesperson added.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here