Grocery gutted by fire, property worth around Rs 15 lacs damaged

184

IMPHAL July 30: Property worth around Rs 15 lacs have been reportedly damaged by a fire which broke out inside a grocery shop owned by one Romen Singh, 41 s/o late Iboton of Kyamgei Mayai Leikai today evening at around 9.30 pm under Singjamei police station.

According to a local source, the fire seem to have started after the owner had left for his residence after closing his grocery shop and returned home at around 9pm.

The locals informed the owner of the shop only after they detected that the shop has caught shop at around 9.15 pm and the locals of the area made an official intimation to the fire service immediately.

The shop was gutted by the fire completely before the arrival of the fire tenders at the spot. However, the fire tenders managed to keep the fire from spreading to other shops. The fire was suspected to be caused by an electric short circuit.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here