- UCM reiterates stand on territorial boundary ahead of GOI-NSCN (IM) talk
- MPP joins Hiyanglam by-poll fight, announces candidate
- JCILPS clarifies on reported after talk stalemate with All political parties committee
- Govindas proposes textiles park under NERTPS during annual conference of Textile ministers
- Encourage a sense of nationalism, AMWJU president tells students
- Awareness campaign on centrally sponsored schemes inaugurated at CCpur
Rally held to urge people to vote prudently
IMPHAL January 13: Under theme’s “People’s campaign for assembly election deciding our destiny” today a mass rally under the banner “Towards Public Issue Bases Election Vote for Life with Dignity and a Resurgent Manipur” was organized by the USER Manipur.
Speaking to media person the convener, B. Deben of the rally, disclosed that the rally was organizing as part of an awareness programme to awaken the people of the state, and to demand the general public to vote the right persons for Manipur development.
He further said that “the well being and life with dignity of the individuals as well as the collective are results of a well governed and administered state. In order words, a healthy society is a well-governed and administered one”.
He said this rally thus is also a part for demanding to establishment of institutional and public accountability against the corruption, fiscal management and criminal and extrajudicial violence, and on against the development issue on collapsing education, dismal electricity and water supplies, lack of basic infrastructure, developmental disparities in both hill and valley areas, and unemployment issue in the state.
And further said time has came to awake and struggle against the armed conflict, communal politics, and other thing which are affected in the daily life of the general public in Manipur.
And lastly mentioned that, we the USER Manipur further urged the general public to vote the party who will works for a better education system and life in Manipur in the forthcoming government he added.
The rally was started from Kwakeithel and ended at Keishampat junction.ï»¿