DIMAPUR, July 10 (NNN): The Southern Angami Youth Organisation (SAYO) has announced officially to impose 96-hour `total bandh` along the National Highway 2 (previously NH-39) under its jurisdiction from 12 noon of July 11 in protest against the non-compliance of the Manipur government to the conditions set by the SAYO over the hijacking and drugging of Tata mobile driver and his colleague.
Informing this to Newmai News Network tonight, Southern Angami Youth Organisation president Peter alias Seyievilie said till today his organisation has not imposed any bandh or blockade as reported in sections of the media but it was SAYO volunteers carrying out a kind of `surprise checking out` on the Manipur vehicles after the three day deadline set by the youth body which lapsed on July 5.
Seyievilie said that the nature of the 96-hour bandh will be restricting social mobility and vehicular movements from Manipur under the jurisdiction of the SAYO along the Imphal-Dimapur route.
Peter alias Seyievilie reiterated that the Angami youth body demands from the Manipur government to produce the hijacked vehicle and the four culprits before the SAYO.
Meanwhile, due to the agitation by SAYO since July 6 evening, the inter-state transportation between Manipur and Nagaland has been severely affected along the National Highway 2 (NH-39 previously).
SAYO of Nagaland had earlier given a three-day deadline from July 2 to the Manipur government to produce the culprits and the vehicle before the youth body relating to the June 21 incident of Kohima.
Four persons from Manipur hired a Tata Mobile mini truck from a Kohima parking on June 21 to go to Manipur. On reaching Tadubi in Senapati district (Manipur) the four miscreants drugged the driver of the vehicle and his friend and dumped the two there. The four miscreants took away the vehicle. The driver has been identified as one Keneinguto Mejura.