- UCM reiterates stand on territorial boundary ahead of GOI-NSCN (IM) talk
- MPP joins Hiyanglam by-poll fight, announces candidate
- JCILPS clarifies on reported after talk stalemate with All political parties committee
- Govindas proposes textiles park under NERTPS during annual conference of Textile ministers
- Encourage a sense of nationalism, AMWJU president tells students
- Awareness campaign on centrally sponsored schemes inaugurated at CCpur
Prize Distribution of “Maya Kamath Memorial Cartoon Competition” on 13th August 2012
PRIZE DISTRIBUTION OF ‘MAYA KAMATH MEMORIAL CARTOON COMPETITION’ ON 13TH AUGUST 2012.
The prize distribution of ‘Maya Kamath Memorial Cartoon Competition, 2011’ was held on 13th August 2012 at the premises of Indian Institute of Cartoonists (IIC), Bangalore. The Governor of Karnataka, Shri Hans Raj Bhardwaj graced the function as the Chief Guest.
An exhibition of cartoons- “The Smiling Line”, showcasing works of over 70 cartoonists including legends like Sir David Low, Shankar Pillai, RK Laxman, Abu Abraham, Mario Miranda was also inaugurated. The exhibition will continue till 1st September, 2012.
The award was instituted by IIC in memory of Maya Kamath (1951-2001), who was a renowned woman political cartoonist of the country. This year, prizes were awarded from among 155 entries, whose works were published in newspapers/ websites during the period 01/01/2011 to 31/12/2011. The prizes were announced on 18th April 2012.
Among the prize winners, Manas Maisnam, whose cartoons are regularly published by Kanglaonline (KO) portal had won ‘Special Jury Award’ for his cartoon on petrol pump queue.
The cartoon was published by KO on 21st August 2011.
The complete list of prize winners is:
First Prize (Rs. 25,000)- Md. Zahoor, The Express Tribune, Pakistan
Second Prize (Rs. 15,000)- Mr. Balraj KN, Media Voice, Chennai
Third Prize (Rs. 5000)- Mr. Sajith Kumar, Financial Chronicle, New Delhi
Special Jury appreciation award (Rs. 1000 each)
* Mr. Satish Acharya, Mangalore, Karnataka
* Mr. Manas Maisnam, Imphal, Manipur
Manas Maisnam is into cartooning since 1985. From 1990 to 1998, his cartoons were published in New Delhi based magazine, SUN and its sister publication NE-SUN. He voluntarily withdrew from cartooning since 1998 and had picked up the brush once again only a few years back. His works are now webcasted on KO portal regularly and also occasionally published by Imphal Free Press.
He had drawn caricatures of Manipuri and other North-East Olympians, 2012 exclusively for KO portal.