- UCM reiterates stand on territorial boundary ahead of GOI-NSCN (IM) talk
- MPP joins Hiyanglam by-poll fight, announces candidate
- JCILPS clarifies on reported after talk stalemate with All political parties committee
- Govindas proposes textiles park under NERTPS during annual conference of Textile ministers
- Encourage a sense of nationalism, AMWJU president tells students
- Awareness campaign on centrally sponsored schemes inaugurated at CCpur
Special train to Bangalore
Assam,GUWAHATI, Sept 19: A special train will leave for Bangalore tomorrow to carry people who had returned to the northeast from southern states following threats of attack.
Northeast Frontier Railway`s spokesman S Hajong said that the train will leave here at 1.15pm and would have more than 16 coaches.
It will halt at Rangia, Barpeta Road, New Bongaigaon and Kokrajhar stations in Assam, he said. Assam government has provided free tickets after those hailing from Assam and wishing to return registered their names with the concerned deputy commissioners of their respective districts, official sources said.
The state government has made payment for purchasing the tickets to the Railways by way of account transfer, the sources said.