- CM in damage control mode, announces Rs 5 lakh each for those killed in police firing at Ukhrul
- Grand funerals planned for two victims at Ukhrul’s TNL Ground
- UCM, others condemn killing of two in Ukhrul
- Former minister officially joins BJP
- “India’s role crucial in balance of world power”
- Rally taken out against MPTC’s attempt to acquire land
Special train to Bangalore
Assam,GUWAHATI, Sept 19: A special train will leave for Bangalore tomorrow to carry people who had returned to the northeast from southern states following threats of attack.
Northeast Frontier Railway`s spokesman S Hajong said that the train will leave here at 1.15pm and would have more than 16 coaches.
It will halt at Rangia, Barpeta Road, New Bongaigaon and Kokrajhar stations in Assam, he said. Assam government has provided free tickets after those hailing from Assam and wishing to return registered their names with the concerned deputy commissioners of their respective districts, official sources said.
The state government has made payment for purchasing the tickets to the Railways by way of account transfer, the sources said.