THE SHILLONG MANIPURI STUDENTS’ UNION
Regd.No.E-16 (RS) 30/2001/149 0f 2002
H.Q. Manipur House, Red Land, Laitumkhrah, Shillong-03
E-mail: [email protected]
Ref. – in/smsu/25/12 Date: 25/12/12
The Shillong Manipuri Students’ Union, Shillong would like to express our serious concerns regarding the ongoing crisis of mis-governance in Manipur arising out of the alleged molestation to an Artist and firing to two artists at Chandel, Manipur on 16th December 2012 by one self style Lt. Colonel of NSCN (IM). In this regard:
1. The molestation, physical assault to Ms. Momoko, an artist in Manipur and firing to two other artists by Mr. Livingstone Anal, a cadre of NSCN IM.
2. The inaction of police personal present in the spot of the crime.
3. The delay tactics and mis-governance of Manipur government in arresting Mr. Livingstone.
4. The killing of Mr. Dwijavani by Manipur police firing.
5. The insensitivity and irresponsible statement in communal lines by NSCN (IM)
1. To arrest of Mr. Livingstone immediately and punish him for the crime he had committed.
2. To take necessary steps that such thing does not recur.
1. To the people of Manipur not to take any steps in communal lines.
2. To the leaders of the JAC not to dilute the movement.
3. To NSCN (IM) to act fast to hand over the culprit to the Government of Manipur.
4. To Government of Manipur and Government of India not to play communal and divisive politics to disintegrate the people of Manipur.
Kh. Meiraba Angom