- State pays fitting tribute to freedom fighter Jadonang
- Governor Duggal given warm sendoff
- HC rejects ousted RIMS director’s stay order plea
- SAKAL demands probe into circumstances of rudely violent re-arrest of Sharmila
- NE forum condemns Sharmila re-arrest
- MU (SC/OBC) SU oppose new reservation system
Manipur FASHION Extravaganza
Photo Courtesy: W Rorrkychand Singh
In a gala eveing, one of the most awaiting fashion events ‘Manipur FASHION Extravaganza’ (MFE) was held with a total number of 33 models walking the ramp at Hotel Imphal on 6th Jan 2013.
Jakei Besterwich, Mitali, Dayana, Priyanka, Nina, Sony Kaur, Anjum and others are some of the gorgeous models from other fashion hub cities in India like Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad etc., who added glamour to the event. While, Lin Laishram, Halley, Nirmal Kangjam and others are the models from the state who took part at the event making the show bravura.
MFE was started with a mesmerizing show from designers Rabikanta and Soni showcasing their ‘Manipuri bridal’ collections and it was followed by Yumnam Ranjana’s ‘Charei Phijol’ (Modern Ethnic collections) and Karan Thokchom’s collections.
Designer and beautician from the state Robert Naorem steal the show with his enthralling collections. The grand finale was marked with his pompous show named “Sandrembi and Cheisra” which he derived from Manipuri classic folklore ‘Sandrembi and Cheisra’.