Noney Bazaar fire mishap claims huge property losses

509

IMPHAL, April 9: Around 50 houses including shops were reduced to ashes and  property worth Rs 10 crores reportedly destroyed after a major fire broke out at Noney Bazaar under Noney police station in Tamenglong district today at around 1.30 am. The cause of the fire is suspected to be from an electric short circuit from one of the shops.

Police personnel of the Noney police, 10 Assam Riffles, 86 CRPF, BRO, railway construction workers and locals tried to put out the fire by using water carrying vehicles of the security personnel.  Fire service vehicles arrived in the early morning hours and assisted to put off the fire totally at around 6.30 am

After the incident, locals of the area held an emergency meeting at the Community hall  at Noney bazaar attended by C Aurther Deputy Commissioner Tamenglong District, Temthing Superintendent of Police Tamenglong District, Amu Kamei president Zailanrong Union of Assam Manipur and Nagaland, Tanti Golmei President of Rongmei women organization  other leaders and officials.

Speaking at the meeting Tanti Golmei president (RWO) appealed to the Tamenglong DC to help the fire victims from his side and the state government`s side at the earliest.

Amu Kamei, President (ZUAMN) said that Noney bazaar is not a district head quarter or a Sub divisional head quarter of the Tamenglong district but a highly populated area and one of the most important part of the district.

He further said that Noney bazaar though it is located along the National Highway 37 Imphal-Jiri road but the area do not even have a full fledged police station in the area and a proper fire station in the area to control any kind fire break out incidents in the area. He further appealed to the state government to set up a fire station in the Noney area, upgrade the SDC office Noney to SDO and upgrade the Noney Primary health centre at the earliest in the interest of the people living in the area.

Temthing SP tamenglong  said that in the past 2 – 3 days,  gas cylinders were distributed in the area through local LPG agents and some of the shops and the houses of the area sell them along with petrol in the black market. He pointed out that such black market items aid in spreading fire outbreaks. 

Deputy commissioner, C Aurther assured the family member of the fire mishap today that he will would assist them in getting necessary help from the side of the government.         

Meanwhile, a press release from the Commandant of 86 BN of the CRPF has said that the Quick Action Team of A/86 Battalion CRPF rushed to the spot with fire fighting equipment promptly leading to ensuring the safety of many human lives and properties.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here