10 year old suffers electric shock

741

IMPHAL, July 8: A 10 year old is presently under treatment at the RIMS after he sustained 40 percent burn injuries after he electric shock by a High Tension Wire in Muallum village, Churachandpur.

The boy Mangliankhup, son of Lain Pau of Muallum Village was playing along with his friends in the village ground when he was touched by a low lying HT line, said Grace Zamu, a District Council Member. The incident occurred yesterday.

She further demanded the Electricity department to provide adequate compensation to the boy as the accident was a result of negligence on the part of the  department.

The department should also remove the HT line from the village which has become a problem for the villagers and there is possibility of other villagers getting electrocuted.Even though the locals had made several complaints with the electricity department, the complaints had failed on deaf ears which has resulted in the depressing accident, lamented S Thangpu, a disgruntled local of the village.Narrating the incident, he said, after the HT line sucked in the boy and he was thrown by the force of the electric current.

He was admitted to the RIMS hospital at around 7 pm yesterday after being provided fist aid at Churachandpur district hospital.He also said that according to the doctors, the boy has suffered around 40-50 percent of burn injuries and is now unable to speak due to the shock till now.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here