Lineman electrocuted in CCpur
IMPHAL, Jan 22 (NNN): A lineman with Churachandpur Electricity Department was electrocuted while repairing a High Tension (HT) wire in Churachandpur district of Manipur this morning.
Khuptomilien Vaiphei, 47, a native of Red Cross village, Churachandpur district, died after the electric shock while repairing the HT line near district SBI bank branch office about 9 am.
The family of the victim raising various demands refused to take the body now lying at Churachandpur District Hospital.
Reports said the family demanded Rs 5 lakh ex-gratia for the death, regular payment of salary to the victim’s wife until his superannuation ends, and a Government job to the kin.