JIRIBAM, June 16 (JNN): A man who received electric shock succumbed on the way to the Jiribam Community Health Centre around 4pm today.
The man has been identified as Md Nurul Haque, 31, son of (L) Md Samsur Jaman of Jiribam Babupara (Pangal Tabi). He is survived by three children.
Nurul was called away from home by an employee of the Jiribam Fire Service identified as Khaliq to repair a faulty power line, said family members.
According to sources from the CHC, he was brought dead and had marks on his body.
He was brought to the CHC by two persons who identified themselves as Khalique and Mera.
Further according to staff of the CHC, the two left to inform family members soon after being told that Narul was brought dead.
Sources believed that Narul could have received the electric shock while repairing a faulty power line at the house of Mera.