Violence victim pleads for Central assistance

542

IMPHAL, November 13: Families of victims of insurgent violence lamented the State Government’s inability to extend financial assistance sanctioned by the Central Government under Central Scheme for Assistance to Civilian victims/family of Victim of Terrorists, communal and Naxal Violence.

Angom Iraijao one of the relatives of terrorist victims Angom Chanbi Devi and her daughter Angom Menaka who had been raped and murdered said that 23 applicants of Thoubal and Imphal West districts of the State who are approved by the concern DCs are yet to received the sanctioned amount of Rs. 3 lakhs each, of which Central Government pledged 70% and remaining 30% left to be paid by the State Government.

He said the scheme was passed by the Parliament on January 25, 2010 and it was amended on September 22, 2011.

He added that the said amount is to be sanctioned to the approved victims’ families within three weeks from the approval date.

He further said that the victims’ families are left with confusion by the State Government as it is learnt that Central Government had already sanctioned their part and handed over the sum to the State Government.

He along with other victims’ families appealed to the concern authorities of the State to sanction the approved amount to support bereaved family member.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here