Report on youth killed in mobile explosion refuted

835

IMPHAL, April 13: Refuting the news report published in some local dailies on April 11 that a youth identified as Thangjam Roshan, 17 of Nambol Mongjing Leikai, Bishnupur district lost his life when his mobile handset exploded, Nambol Mongjing Leikai Students`™ Union Club & Library and family members of the deceased clarified on Monday that Roshan died of electrocution sparked by short circuit of the mobile charger, not as a result of the mobile explosion.

Narrating the unfortunate incident to this daily, they said that Roshan was playing game on his mobile handset while charging when suddenly the mobile charger got short circuited and he died of electrocution on April 10 around 3 pm.

The charger of the mobile was not an original one of the mobile company. There was also no trademark sign on it, they said.

When the charger got short circuited, Roshan suffered severe injuries on his two fingers and the charger exploded with a loud sound leaving him unconscious on his bed. He was rushed to CHC Nambol for treatment but succumbed to the injuries, they explained.

The students`™ union and family members expressed unhappiness on those people for passing the information that Roshan died as a result of his mobile explosion which is not true at all.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here