Home News Headlines

Boy hospitalised after consuming packaged soft drink

IMPHAL, June 28: In what could be a case of food poisoning, an 18 year old boy was hospitalised at the the Rajmedicity, North AOC after consuming packaged soft drink.

The victim has been identified as Gangmei Gaikhalong, 18, son of G Pantilung of Ragailong Imphal East, a class XI student of Maria Montessori.

According to family members, he was taken to the hospital late in the evening following relentless vomiting.

They also said that the incident occurred around 5 pm about half an hour after the victim consumed Frooti (a mango drink).

It is further learnt that prior to consuming Frooti, the boy had reportedly had sunflower seeds and Appy another packaged soft drink (apple fruit drink).

With the victim`™s health deteriorating, he was initially taken to a local doctor who administered first aid and later advised him to be taken to a hospital, the family said.

Subsequently, he was taken to Rajmedicity and administrated with life saving drugs. There his blood sample was also taken by the hospital authority.

Meanwhile, reacting to the incident, Gangmei Pouhemlung, eldest brother of the victim, drew the attention of the government to take initiative to ensure that all the packaged foods, drinks etc are checked in the wake of reports of health hazard created by packaged foods.

He further appealed the government to act very swiftly considering the health of the public at mass and before things gets out of hands.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Exit mobile version