CHANDEL, October 9: Local residents and fire tenders in Chandel were busy battling a blaze that broke out inside the kitchen of a dwelling house in Lambung Village in Chandel Thursday morning.
Sr Wanghring Anal, elder brother who lived next door to the house said his younger brother a Subedar of 3rd Naga regiment Sr Elvenson Anal`™s wife (owner of the house) Alony and their three sons were inside the house when the fire broke out from unknown source in the kitchen at about 1:29 am.
However, none of them suffered any injuries, he said.
Chandel fire brigade was called to the scene around 2am as the locals had already started battling the fire.
The flames had engulfed the entire house and destroyed properties worth Rs 20, 84,000 as told to police by Wanghring in his report.
There is no word yet on what may have caused the fire.
The Chandel police led by Ts Anghring, in the early morning visited the spot and registered a general diary for investigation under GD No.16/cdl/PS/2015.
Later, speaking to media persons, SR Wanghring said his sister- in-law Dy Alony alerted him after spotting a fire that broke out from the kitchen at about 1:29 am.
He said he alerted the neighbours following which neighbours gathered to douse off the fire.
Even though the fire was put under control with the help of the neighbours, fire brigade and the Assam rifles, the house turned to cinders thereby destroying properties worth Rs 20, 84,000.
Wanghring on behalf of his brother, thanked the locals, well-wishers and relatives, fire brigade, police, Assam Rifles and the Lambung village chief St Ngamrung for their timely help.