KANGPOKPI, November 27: Two kids, one daughter and one son of a farmer were charred to death in a gruesome fire incident reportedly broke out from an electric short circuit at their residence at Jangmol village under Kangpokpi Police Station last night around 8:30 .
According to reports, the deceased children have been identified as Hoineilam Kipgen, 8 and Satminlun Kipgen, 5, daughter and son of one Lhunkhomang Kipgen.
Satminlun, who suffered complete burn injuries all over his body died on the spot while Hoineilam was rushed to RIMS Hospital but succumbed to the injuries at about 1 am today.
A member of the family narrated that the two deceased children were sleeping while their parents went out to visit their neighbour for an emergency matter when the incident took place.
He further said that villagers rushed to the house when they saw a massive flame coming out from the residence and managed to rescue the duo and their residence but the fire was already out of control.
However, villagers found the girl child still alive, who was hiding beneath the bed. The villagers rushed her to RIMS Hospital but succumbed to the burn injuries, the report said.
Apart from claiming lives of the two minors, the inferno also devastated three rooms of the thatched roofed house destroying properties including furniture.