IMPHAL, July 1: A second driver of a stationary truck was electrocuted when he tried to sleep in the rear of the vehicle near FCI godown along the Tiddim road last night.
The victim is identified as Langoljam Shamu alias Amarjeet, 24, son of L Khelen of Wangjing Lamding Cherapur, Thoubal district.
The incident happened around 11 pm yesterday when Shamu accidentally touched an HT (High Tension) line and electrocuted while trying to sleep in the rear of the truck.
The truck was supposed to load rice at the FCI godown the next morning.
The body was conducted autopsy at RIMS mortuary and later handed over to the family.