`80 percent of State Non-Plan used in providing salaries`

603

IMPHAL, February 27: The state government used 80 percent of the state Non-plan total of Rs 500 crore in providing salaries to its employees while the remaining 20 percent is used in maintaining the state departments, said chief minister Okram Ibobi Singh during the fourth day of the seventh session of the 10th Manipur Legislative Assembly.

He was replying to a Calling Attention Motion raised by Andro MLA Th Shyamkumar regarding a two-day agitation of the JAC of the AMTUC, AMGEO on February 21 and 22 which had left the state administration paralysed.

The Andro MLA had observed that the JAC was demanding full implementation of the sixth pay commission for which an agreement was signed three years back.

He said the paralysing of the state machineries may strongly affect the public, and in case the trend continues, the peace of the state will be affected as well.

The government knows that it is a big issue at the moment, and it would like to fully implement the sixth pay commission, however, the state is presently in a bad financial position, the chief minister said in reply.

The chief minister who is also the leader of the House said people need to be aware of the condition of the state exchequer and how the non-plan funds are used.

He added only employees of the Finance department will understand it.

He further said that 80 percent of the Rs 500 crore of the State Non-Plan and the exchequer of annual budget is used in providing salaries of the employees while the remaining 20 percent is used in the department maintenance, road repairing and other expenditures.

In the entire North East, the Manipur government has the highest pay structure under the 6th Pay Commission, the CM said.

He continued that the Central government employees get 90 percent of DA in toto, while in the state the employees are getting 75 percent.

The state employees are demanding the remaining 15 percent, he continued.

The state can meet the demand, however, it will put a big extra financial burden on the state government, he said.

The state can face a liability of around Rs 300 crore if the demands of the JAC are met, he continued.

The government is ready to provide the demands of the employees if they are ready to face the pending four-five month salaries in the coming years, he added.

The chief minister further continued that there is a need to see the income and expenditures of the state

Continuing further, he said that Tripura has high resources and well advanced in all fields.

The state has its own state plan in mode adopted for the salaries of its employees, he observed.

In case the demands of the state employees are delivered, it might affect the developmental works in the state including centrally sponsored schemes like the Thoubal Multipurpose project, etc, he commented.

If the funds for the centrally sponsored schemes are used to meet their demands, than it would be impossible to submit the Utilisation Certificates of centrally sponsored schemes, the chief minister further said.

It means that all national projects will stand still, he asserted.

The CM however said that the government can meet the demands of the JAC like ACP, revision of GS and other points that can be afforded by the government.

Whereas the demands for regularization of master roll, work-charge or to lift the recruitment ban can be done only after approval from the 14th finance commission in toto, he said.

If our recommendation is approved in the 14th finance commission, than recruitment process of 5000 different posts can be conducted, he continued.

The recruitment of staff in Education, Health and Home departments are conducted through approval by cabinet decisions, he said.

Now if the centre provides 100 percent sponsorship to fill up the vacancies, then, recruitment process can be conducted immediately for regular service, he said.

MCSCCE exams for the recruitment of MPS, MFS or other post will be conducted every year based on the availability of post vacancies, Ibobi said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here