RSS-BJP destroying growth of a Broader Hinduism
1. The people of Assam views BJP as the political party of Hindi heartland which wants to promote Hindi and the North Indian and Bengali style of Hinduism in Assam and other vulnerable areas like Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura and Meghalaya.
2. When LK Advani was the home minister of India and BJP was in power at the centre and in friendship with the AGP, why was the illegal migrants from Bangladesh pushed back into Bangladesh? When in power, why was the BJP leaders sleeping then? Was it because elections were over?
3. LK Advani, just like K.P.S. Gill are mass murderers in Assam. It was during the tenure of LK Advani and Prafulla Mahanta as CM in Assam when millions of innocent Assamese people were killed in the heineous ‘secret killings’ in Assam.
4. The BJP is not concerned about the demographic invasion from Bengal, Bangladesh, Nepal and Hindi belt. Just because French and German are followers of the same religion Christianity, doesn’t mean the French will let Germans set up base in their country. Several areas of Assam, especially in towns like Tinisukia, Dhekiajuli etc., the native Assamese are a minority. Should the people of Assam sacrifice their identity in the name of Hinduism? It would be safer for us to convert to Christianity in that case. If Hinduism means to sacrifice ourself for Hindu migrants from Bangladesh and Nepal, it is better to give up Hinduism to save native languages and native cultures endemic to Assam only.
5. The BJP should realize that Assam has its own style of Hinduism. Assamese Vaishnavism or the Assamese Shaivism is different from mainland India. If BJP thinks that Hinduism means saffron in Hindi belt, in Assam and some parts of north-east it is about white. Priests in Assam or Manipur wear white, not saffron. In the pretext of nationalism, BJP-RSS has made Hindi and Bengali Hinduism a ploy to spread Hindi language and prayers like ‘Hanuman chalisa’ and ‘jai mata di’.
6. In seminars and conferences and meetings, we hear Sharmas, Goswamis and Chakrabortys talking about Assam being a part of India because of things like Pragjyotishpur or Kamrup and blah blah blah. If Hinduism is the plank for Indian state, Nepal should be annexed into India. It is the only Hindu kingdom in the world. The largest temple in the world is situated in Angkor Wat, which is in the country Cambodia.
Cambodia should be annexed into India. Buddhist countries should be annexed into India.
7. The aggressive Hindi brand of Hinduism promoted by BJP-RSS is making Hindus in fringe areas like Nepal, Assam or even Manipur phobic to Hinduism. On the other hand, Christianity and even Islam is spreading in China. This is because no political party has been formed on religious lines in Christianity or Islam. Nationality is not equated with religion. Iranian clergy or political leaders do not talk of inducting Indonesian Muslims as Iranians because they are Muslims by faith. The Germans do not talk of merging Chinese Christians into German nationality just because they also worship Jesus Christ. If the BJP-RSS keeps on harping India and Indianness on the lines of Hinduism, many forward looking Hindus will have to give up Hinduism and take recourse in a more liberal faith which helps in restoring the regional identity of the people.
(Reproduced from Imphal Free Press)