Dimapur, Feb 28 (NNN): The media war between the NSCN-IM and the NSCN-K continues unabated inspite of the repeated pledges taken by both the groups not to wedge such thing.
For several times `covenant of reconciliation` have been signed among the NSCN-IM, FGN/NNC amd NSCN-K both in India and abroad initiated by Forum for Naga Reconciliation (FNR).
Last year, under the aegis of the FNR at Dimapur, the three Naga underground groups had pledged that forget about factional clashes, even issuing press communiques against the other group will not be practised anymore.
However, the blow-hot, blow-cold media war between NSCN-IM and the NSCN-K continues to exist.
The media war is rather heightening in the last two months with both the groups hurling serious accusations against each other.
The NSCN-K has gone to the extent of saying, “We never supported the peace talk nor will we ever support it. Any agreement arrived at in between the NSCN (IM) and the government of India will always be limited to the problems between those two entities involved and not Nagas as a whole”. The NSCN-K also accused the rival group of violating the `covenant of reconciliation` and had ordered military operation in eastern side of Nagaland.
Reacting to the news, the NSCN-IM said, “But while we are deeply engaged in the works of peace and reconciliation a number of Naga Army personnel (armed wing of the NSCN-IM) were killed by the Khaplang party in different incidents under their declared military offensive campaigns against NSCN in Tirap and Changlang districts (of Arunachal Pradesh). We will never allow ourselves to be sitting ducks when enemies attack us. Inspite of the fact NSCN reassures of its commitment to the peace and reconciliation”.
Yesterday, NSCN-K and FGN, two of the three signatories of the covenant of reconciliation, said they were closely observing the activities of NSCN-IM cadres in eastern Nagaland. “Naga people are informed that while Mr. Isak Chishi Swu and Th Muivah demand sincerity from the Government of India, back home in Nagaland, despite being a signatory of the covenant of reconciliation, they have miserably failed to be sincere to their own people. The ink on the documents they signed are still wet yet they are threatening to throw Nagaland into further turmoil. Naga people have the right to know why Mr. Muivah has ordered military offensive in eastern Nagaland,” alleged the joint statement of NSCN-K and FGN.