Solar power plant to check power interruption at Moreh sub div hospital


Minister Y. Jyantakumar during the inauguration of the solar power plant at the Moreh, sub-division hospital, on Saturday.
Minister Y. Jyantakumar during the inauguration of the solar power plant at the Moreh, sub-division hospital, on Saturday.
MOREH, July 16: With the main aim to address the issue of power interruption at the Moreh, sub-division hospital, a solar power plant was inaugurated on Saturday by health and family welfare minister Y. Jyantakumar.

The solar power plant which was constructed with an estimated cost of Rs one crore was fund jointly by the Manipur Renewable Energy

Development Agency (MANIREDA) and National Rural Health Mission (NRHM).  The inaugural function was held at the Moreh Trade Center which was also attended by commissioner science and technology H. Imocha Singh,

D.C Chandel H. Deleep Singh, state health mission director Ashok kumar and MANIREDA director L. Munglem Singh. Speaking at the function Y Janyantakumar stressed upon the need of  living a healthy and free from disease life and further added that Moreh being one of the most vulnerable places of various dreaded diseases like HIV, malaria etc, the people should be extra careful.

He also urged the doctors and staffs, and other health workers of thetown to dedicate and work with integrity to save the lives of people. 

Further lamenting on the shortage of doctors in the border town, he also acknowledge the need of a specialist in the town especially in the

Moreh sub division hospital and has assured all possible help to the people of the town in the future.

During the function, M. Munglem stated that it is the first of many such projects to be taken up by MANIREDA providing a solar power plant for public utility service.

He further informed that the plant will produce 25KV electric power in a consistent manner. He added that 70 percent cost has been sponsored by MANIREDA with funding from the ministry of Renewable Energy and the remaining 30 percent will be funded by NRHM. He also said that the solar power plant can be utilized at the blood bank, Operation Theater and other dormitory lighting. He also added that the plant will have durability/usability of 25 years in which five years comprehensive maintenance contract for the solar power plant has also been signed. 

H. Deleep Singh D.C Chandel also expressed his appreciation towards the MANIRENDA and NRHM for giving attention towards the district. He also said that now Chandel district is moving ahead as compared to other hill districts. He also said that he would further approach MANIREDA to check the feasibility of producing energy from the wind in the district.

State Health Mission director, IAS Ashok kumar, had appealed the people of Moreh to take ownership towards the initiatives taken by the government. Towards the end of the function, health and family welfare minister Y. Jyantakumar also handed two oxygen cylinders, wheel chairs, X –Ray machine, trolley to the hospital officer-in- charge.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here