The holy month of Ramadan is speedily came to an end bringing so many cheers.laughter,mirth and celebration for the muslims all over the world.
Eid ul fitr celebrates the completion of the month of Ramadan, in which muslims fast and increase their spiritual devotions and is meant to be a recognition the material and spiritual favour of God to his creation. On this day, Muslims all over the world thank god for the gift of fasting, in which they avoided food, drink and intercourse from down to dust, out of obedience servitude.Eid ul fitr is an expression of a person to show his happiness upon his achievement in Ramadan This outpouring happiness is to encourage a person to show his gratitude of God for his bounties. The bounty of having experienced Ramadan and having had the opportunity to better himself spiritually. And the bounties of food and drink on the day of eid. It is hoped that due to this celebration, a person will continue upon his achievements of Ramadan. After spending the whole of fasting and restraint they celebrate eid with full enchantment gratification for those who fasted during the month of Ramadan, there is a sense of triumph and accomplishment. Ramadan is the month of spiritual growth and purity, followed by a occasion of festivity. Many lessons are acted upon this festivity
- Eid celebration starts with crazy excitement of moon sighting.
- Women and young girls are decorate their hand with mehandi which is purely which purely the tradition of Indian sub continent.
- Devoting oneself to god: Muslims start the day showering on eid day, then go to the eid prayer and sermon that take place in the morning.
- Muslims embrace and greet each other
- Recognising one’s blessings and thanking God: Muslims are encouraged to wear best clothes, celebrate with family friend and neighbours.
- Remembering the plight of the poor and giving in Fitra (“wealth given to the poor”). On the eid day it is especially recommended to give fitra before going to the mosque in the morning. So this eid definitely provide us with a food for thought and reminds us our duties as Muslim which we perform practically and morally while living in different part of the world. As far as the religious obligations are concerned muslims try to take care of those who are less fortunate. We think of the poor and give charity, we never deny the fact that if we are wealthy it is because of God and the poor have a share in it because they might be lower standard of living but equal in humanity.
- In the past and today people also take time out to remember the dead. After eid prayer muslims go the graveyard and pray for their soul.
In this and other ways; Muslims seek to join between worldly and spiritual celebration.
About the author: Mr. Ahmed Ali (BA(Hons) PGDCA, MA, Ph.D) is originally from Cachar, Assam. He completed his PhD recently from Salford University, Manchester, UK. He is currently working in Central Manchester University Hospitals, NHS Foundation Trust. He can be contacted at londonali (at) talktalk.net.