- UCM reiterates stand on territorial boundary ahead of GOI-NSCN (IM) talk
- MPP joins Hiyanglam by-poll fight, announces candidate
- JCILPS clarifies on reported after talk stalemate with All political parties committee
- Govindas proposes textiles park under NERTPS during annual conference of Textile ministers
- Encourage a sense of nationalism, AMWJU president tells students
- Awareness campaign on centrally sponsored schemes inaugurated at CCpur
U-14 boys, girls hockey
IMPHAL, Feb 22: Sachindra Singh delivered Chandel YCPA a solitary goals win against Uchekon SYUC in the inaugural match of the 21st u-14 State Boys & Girls played at Khuman Lampak Hockey Stadium. Sachindra struck the winning goal in the second half play for the victory.
In the other match, Hockey Union beat Moral Education Intellectual Renascent Athletic Association by 2-1 goals.
The Hockey Union which displayed more aggression and better stick work got the opening goal in the 10 minute of play as Y.Nelson Singh struck a field goal for the lead. Playing second fiddle for quite a time, the Cosmopolitan Youth Club gets theirs chance as G.Dinku Singh fetch the equaliser in the 25 minute to level 1-1 goals in the first half play.
Hockey Union increased the pressure in the latter stages of the game as Y.Nelson Singh further push his team tally in the 28 minute for the lead. Th.Kingson Singh in the 34 minute and W.Robinson Singh in the 39 minute consolidates for Hockey Union for the victory today.
In another match, Youth Club cum Information Centre prevails upon Moral Education Intellectual Renascent Athletic Association by 2-1 goals.
The Moral Education team looked positive at the begining as Th.Thonglen Singh struck the opening goal in the 9 minute of the game.
Down by a goal, the Youth Club players push up theirs tempo as M.Dinachandra Singh drew parity from a penalty corner conversion to hold 1-1 goals in the first half. Later P.Monich Singh delivered the winning goal in the 38 minute from a field goal.