Pu Phungjathang Tonsing Elected INC candidate, truly deserves the post of Deputy Chief Ministership for the following reasons;
- By virtue of being the senior-most amongst contenders in Political arena who have been elected 6 consecutive times in the State Legislature Assembly
- Never in the Manipur history witnessed 9 Kuki MLAs, representing a single party INC. In other words all Kukis are in support of Congress (I) Govt.
- Manipur completed 10th Assembly Election in 2012, till the last Govt. there had never been any Kuki representative holding the highest berth as CM, not even a deputy. Because till the 9th Manipur Legislative Assembly only Meiteis and Nagas are given the top position continuously.
- If INC manifestos stands true for peaceful co-existence and equality amongst its citizens & leadership, they should never let this opportunity pass in vain against Shri Phungzathang, the senior most among his colleagues.
- High Command authorities ought to remember the sacrificial contribution towards Indian Freedom movement led by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose ( INA) wherein thousands of Kukis joined him and fought for free India till their last breath. Even today a handful INA pensioners are still alive in our midst to bear living witness to the greatest contribution of our forefathers for our country in general and Manipur in particular [for Azaadi Hindustan]
- As a saying goes “Impossible is found only in the dictionary of fools” and “All the worlds a stage..”
- It is our hope and fervent expectation from Indian rulers that they ought to realize their commitment and sincerity to downtrodden bonafide citizen without any biasness and discrimination.
- GOD Bless the newly form Govt. of Manipur.
obedyahaokip (at) rediffmail.com
March 13, 2012