PRESS RELEASE- ASSAM RIFLES BLOOD DONATION – AN ACT OF GENEROSITY OF PAR EXCELLENCE
1. “This day is all we have. Is there someone to whom an act of kindness – not tomorrow but today – could make a world of difference” is exactly the passing thought in the mind of a blood donor who does not know for whom the blood will go.
2. With the same thought in mind the brave sons of 30 Assam Rifles alongwith the cadres of URF who are in peace talks with the Govt, all by themselves got inspired by one wish – why not to contribute something valuable and important for someone in times of need. Imagine! 50 odd URF cadres alongwith the uniform personnel donating blood for the Blood Bank of RIMS, Imphal who are always in short supply of blood required in the hospital. It is a known fact that six to seven years back when Imphal and suburbs used to rock with IED blasts, the blood banks used to face an acute shortage of blood. Thanks to the efforts of the Govt, SF and wisdom of the UGs that such blasts are on the wane now.
3. Brig Navneet Kumar, Commander 9 Sector Assam Rifles under IGAR(South) graced the occasion as the chief guest and reiterated the importance of voluntary blood donation to the gathering. He conveyed his special thanks and gratitude to the URF cadres alongwith the officers and jawans of 30 Assam Rifles for their benevolent act.
4. Motivated and inspired by 30 Assam Rifles almost 30 UG cadres from URF came forward on 18 Aug 2012 to donate blood for such a noble cause to be used by the sons and daughters of the soil. What a wonderful change of minds, the credit goes to 30 Assam Rifles which made it all happen. Six doctors from RIMS under Dr Rajchandra and medical team of 30 Assam Rifles conducted the entire exercise of blood testing before receiving the required units. A lecture on “Genesis, Implications and Benefits of Blood Donation” was also taken by Dr Rajchandra of RIMS.
5. This will surely be a stepping stone towards bringing normalcy in the state and will also motivate other UG groups to shed their arms and join hands to bring peace and harmony in Manipur.
* The Press release is being sent by Maj Vineet Saurabh, 30 Assam Rifles, Mantripukhri, Manipur, India