- UCM reiterates stand on territorial boundary ahead of GOI-NSCN (IM) talk
- MPP joins Hiyanglam by-poll fight, announces candidate
- JCILPS clarifies on reported after talk stalemate with All political parties committee
- Govindas proposes textiles park under NERTPS during annual conference of Textile ministers
- Encourage a sense of nationalism, AMWJU president tells students
- Awareness campaign on centrally sponsored schemes inaugurated at CCpur
SSU’s championship dream dims after 2-2 draw against TRAU
IMPHAL, September 22: SSU, Singjamei was held at a 2-2 draw by TRAU, Kwakeithel, while NEROCA, Sangakpham defeated ESU, Wangkhei by 3-0 in the MSL today.
Playing the first match of the day at the Khuman Lampak Main Stadium, SSU drew with TRAU giving table toppers more room at the top of the table.
AIM with 12 points after 4 matches is leading the points table, while, SSU with 5 matches and 10 points is closely following the lead.
All four goals of the first match came in the first half itself.
The first goal of the match was scored just 2 minutes into the game by Loitongbam Dewan for SSU. Tongbram Bipin provided the right chance with a beautiful corner kick which Dewan grabbed and sent the ball home.
The equalizer for TRAU was scored by Th Premkumar in the 20th minute.
Soon after, TRAU striker S Surchand Singh added a goal in the 39th minute to lead the match by 2-1, which was soon equalised by Tongbram Raju in the 43rd minute.
Though both sides had enough chances to score more, both failed to convert any in the second half.
In the second match of the game, NEROCA blanked ESU by 3-0.
ESU after today’s defeat is in a critical position. ESU has now only one win and four defeats from five matches.
Th Roshan of NEROCA struck twice in the 11th and 60th minute. NEROCA’s second goal was scored in the 50th minute by L Ibungobi Singh.
Two players of NEROCA, Kh Sanjoy Singh (19th) and Md Sohail Shah (51st) were cautioned during the match.