IMPHAL, Feb 22: The All Manipur Students’ Union (AMSU) has in a release demanded clarification from the state government regarding certain issues related to BSEM and MOBC.
According to the rules and regulations of the Board of Secondary Education Manipur, those students who have not registered themselves with the Board of Secondary Education Manipur in the 2009 as reading in class VIII; and 2010 as reading in class IX are not allowed to appear in the 2013 HSLC examinations, the student body said.
Around 7000 students who were not following these rules were barred from appearing in the HSLC examination 2012 the release said. In which some 1924 students have been granted permission by the BSEM to appear in the HSLC examination 2013, it continued.
AMSU demands to stop such bending of the rules immediately and urged the concerned authority to look into the matter immediately, it said.
Further, AMSU said that out of the total of 15,234 students selected for the Pre-Matric OBC Scholarship 2011-2012 by the Minority and Other Backward Classes department, 80 percent students were selected from Thoubal district, and the remaining 20 percent were distributed to other districts.
77 students were selected from Imphal East, 2101 from Imphal West, 1190 from Bishnupur district and 15 from Chandel district.
AMSU questioned how the screening was conducted by the MOBC department as there are more OBC students in Imphal East and Imphal West.
While demanding clarification from the state government, the student body said that the matter will be taken to the Ministry of Minority Affairs and Ministry of Social Justice and other authorities of the Central Government if the government fails to respond.