IMPHAL, June 27: Several Zeliangrong civil society organizations have jointly submitted a memorandum to the Prime Minister of India demanding constitution of a special investigation team (SIT) to investigate into the killing of six cadres of NSCN (K) on June 22 at Songlung village.
The civil society originations include Zeliangrong Baudi, All Zeliangrong Students` Union (Assam, Manipur & Nagaland), Zeliangrong Youth Front (Assam, Manipur & Nagaland) and Zeliangrong Students` Union Manipur and the ardent supporters of Indo-Naga peace process.
The Zeliangrong civil society organizations has in its memorandum said that the 10 Assam Rifles based at Longmai in Tamenglong district under the command of Col Ajay Sharma and Major Gagan invited cadres of NSCN (K) to their camp for a discussion/meeting.
“Accordingly in their good faith, four cadres of the outfit namely Chujanglung Dangmei, 36, of Thanagong village; Leikampou Thaimei, 37, of Taosemjang village; Ngoubui Newmeaged, 27, of Inem village; Majadai Panmei, 31, of Goinenglong village; ST Moningam, 39, of Zulbangching village; Laban Rongmei, 18, of Bamgaijang village visited the 10 AR camp at around 6.30 pm on June 18,” the Zeliangrong bodies said in its memorandum.
“After reaching the AR camp those NSCN (K) cadres were taken into the custody of the AR camp. The same AR had invited another two cadres of the NSCN (K) namely Ngoubui Newme and Laban Rongmei in the afternoon of the June 21,” it said.
“All the six cadres went to the AR Camp in their civil dress without arms. Ever since they entered into the AR camp on June 18 and 21 respectively, they were neither allowed nor talked with their family members except over phone for sometimes only and they have been in their custody till they were eliminated in the said fake encounter,” it claimed.
On the 23rd June, 2013, the Assam Rifles informed through the media that six cadres of the NSCN (K) were killed in an encounter at Songlung village, arms and ammunitions were also recovered from them.
“How can those cadres who went to the 10 AR camp at Longmai (Noney) in civil dress be found shot dead in combat dresses with arms and ammunitions? They also went without arms,” the Zeliangrong bodies questioned.
It may be noted here, that all the Naga revolutionary groups including NSCN (IM), NSCN (K) and NSCN (KK) have already been entering into ceasefire agreement with the GOI so they have not been treated as the unlawful organizations, it further said.
“We strongly condemn the stage managed fake encounter and cold blooded killing of those six cadres of the NSCN (K) by the personnel of the 10th AR at Songlung village in the afternoon of June 22 last,” it said.
In a previous case of such stage managed encounter a magisterial enquiry was ordered against the same personnel of the 10th AR mentioned, in the case of a retired cadre of the Zeliangrong United Front (ZUF), an arm outfit (L) Guangsinlung Dangmei who was picked up from Khumji, Longmai bazaar area on the night of December 31st last and he was found shot dead near Shangji village which is about 50 km from Longmai (Noney) on the intervening night of December 31 last and the first January of 2013, it continued.
Rajanglung Kamei, another cadre of NSCN (K) was also invited to the 10th AR camp at Longmai (Noney) at about 2:30 pm on June 22, it said.
He has been kept in their custody since then till today and tortured to third degree. And he was forced to sign on blank papers in a stage managed surrender drama under duress on the June 25, 2013, the Zeliangrong bodies said in its memorandum.
Even after signing his surrender papers he is still kept in their custody. He must be released unconditionally, it said.
We demand that a Special Investigation Team (SIT) be constituted to investigate into that alleged stage managed fake encounter and killing of six cadres of the NSCN (K) at Songlung village by the personnel of 10th AR and necessary punitive action be initiated against those Assam Rifles officers and personnel with bestial mindset for their criminal activities, it added.