Devastating fire leaves man with 80 percent burn injuries

815

IMPHAL, April 15: A blazing fire ignited while transferring kerosene at a leased property used as an oil storage area by an individual left a man with 80 percent burn injuries.

The property lies on the eastern side of SAI-NER Complex, Tera Khuraijam Leirak about 50 meter from CIPET, Takyel.

The incident occurred around 8pm today.

The victim battling for life at the Shija hospital has been identified as Oinam Sanayaima, 42, son of O Biramani of Ningthoukhong Kha Leikai who is a store keeper.

He was rushed to the Regional Institute of Medical Sciences and was later shifted to Shija hospital

The fire completely razed down the house, two wheelers and a four wheeler.

Eye witnessed said that the fire was ignited by a candle which was used while transferring the oil.  

Fire tenders of the Manipur Fire Service rushed to control the fire.

A team of the Lamphel Police also rushed to the site.

The owner of the oil storage is identified as N Linthoi, 37, wife of N Chitranjan of Kakwa Naorem Leikai who had leased the place from Sharat, the land owner.

Ak Mirabai, Social Welfare minister also came to inspect the site.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here