JIRIBAM, April 3: Few hours after a fire damaged a room and property at a private residence at Babupara, Jiribam yesterday evening; two more houses were razed to the ground by a fire at Kalinagar Ward No 3 of the same sub-division around midnight.
Around 4.30pm yesterday a house was saved from complete devastation by the timely arrival of fire tenders and locals who doused the fire at Babupara.
The fire is suspected to have been ignited by an electrical short circuit.
Later just 30 minutes past midnight, another fire broke out at Kalinagar Ward No 3. And as everyone was asleep at the time, people failed to detect the fire early on.
The two houses belong to Takhellambam Uttam Singh son of (L) T Drona Singh and Pukhrambam Madanmohan Singh son of (L) P Amusana Singh.
According to the house owners, since everyone was sleeping, they failed to detect the fire till it was late.
Soon after getting information, fire tenders arrived at the scene but faced much hardship in their attempt to douse the fire as they couldn’t approach the houses due to the narrow bylanes.
Nevertheless, they doused the fire before it could spread to other constructions.