IMPHAL, June 17: Atleast 25 persons were hospitalised at the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, JNIMS due to food poisoning.
Although conditions of the victims who were brought in last night are said to be stable, hospital sources have confirmed food poisoning.
Family members said all those affected had attended a religious congregation at the EFCI Church, Ghari Awang Leikai on June 13.
The congregation is organised by the Manipur Pastoral development Fellowship, every two months with a mass prayer followed by a feast, said the family members.
The congregation was held at the residence of Pastor Moirangthem Ningthemton, who served fish curry with Dal, Eromba and boiled vegetables.
Ningthemton reportedly bought 25 kg of fish (Rahu) from a fish shop at Kwakeithel bazaar, they said.
Around 70 persons including Tipaimukh MLA, Chaltonlien Amo had attended the congregation.
The attendees were mostly from Thoubal, Bishnupur, Imphal, informed sources.
The next morning all the attendees complained of ailing stomach, coupled with vomiting and fever.
Some of them were rushed to JNIMS the same day, while many others were hospitalised at their respective district hospitals. However most of them were discharged the same day, sources revealed.
It is also learnt that the MLA along with his security personnel were treated at his home.
Meanwhile, all of a sudden over 25 individuals who had attended the feast had to be rushed to JNIMS last night.