IMPHAL, November 18: Two shops and a hotel which were rented out by a single owner were completely destroyed at Khabam bazar by a fire which resulted from an electric short circuit late last night at around 11:30pm.
Properties worth around Rs three lakhs were destroyed by the inferno.
According to locals, a fire tender arrived soon after the fire broke out and stop the fire from extending to the other buildings.
The owner has been identified as Khundom Inaobi of Khabam. The two shops have been rented out to Konjengbam Bashanti and Waikhom Rupa while the hotel has been rented out to Yehgkhai Haokip.
Locals informed that the fire broke out from Rupa’s Tyre workshop late last night.