MANIPURI MUSLIM DEVELOPMENT FORUM
Ref No: mmdf/1/2012
Manipuri Muslim Development Forum (MMDF) wishes all contestants of the 10th Bidhan Sabha Election to be held on 28th Jan 2012. We wish that this election brings changes resulting in overall development of Manipur and peaceful co-existence of all communities. MMDF is a representative body of sections of Manipuri youth around the globe, working to bring development. We believe that the development of a state depends on the empowerment of all the communities in the state. With this vision, we have a list of public demands or referendum (Mandate 2012) for the concerned candidates contesting in this assembly election.
1. Education :
– Sponsorship to every first divisioner (>70% or above marks) in class X & XII
– Sponsorship of students needing extra financial support , at least 3 nos in every mohalla
– Support for 10 Madrasas all over in Manipur in the form of Darul Hadith and library for upgradation to Fazil Course
– At least one dedicated high school and higher secondary school for Muslim girls
– Establishment of a Muslim Education Trust (non-religious) that can in the long run start educational institutions including a Muslim University in Manipur
– At least one maternity centre equipped with latest machines in every constituency
– One full fledged Gymnasium in every club/ leikai with a qualified instructor
3. Economy including employment
– Establishment and Support to SHGs (Self Help Groups) of women, at least one in every mohalla/ ward so that women who are engaged in domestic labour, petty trading, and drug trafficking may engage themselves in dignified jobs / businesses.
– Self employment of educated unemployed, especially graduates, at least 3 nos in every mohalla
– Reservation of 9% of government jobs for Meitei-Pangal community within OBC category
– Make the link roads among Muslim villages pucca or state highway standard for better connectivity to
facilitate transport and communication so as to generate additional business for the have-nots.
– Make river banks flood proof.
– Upgradation of Power Transformers to help improving economy.
– To establish a single point of contact for Hajj in every Assembly Constituency to avoid inconvenience to Hajj applicants and act as information centre
– To establish cultural funds in every assembly constituency for promotion of maarifat, naat etc
5. Human Rights
– Repeal of AFSPA from Manipur for the full enjoyment of constitutional rights guaranteed all the citizens of
6. Social Welfare
-To deliver Old age monthly pension to the needy and deserving persons
-To deliver Widow monthly pension and the allowances given by government to needy and deserving persons.
– To establish a newspaper and news agency
Email: mmdforum AT gmail.com
Manipuri Muslim Development Forum (MMDF)