May 31, 5:42 PM
In Nagaland, over 200 top technocrats from across the country have gathered in Kohima to attend two day Indian Roads Congress (IRC). The aim of the meeting is to find out technical solutions to deal with heavy monsoon, rainfall and challenges of landslides on hill roads of the northeastern region.
Addressing the inaugural session of the 197th Mid Term Council of the Indian Roads Congress, Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio stressed on the need to evolve state specific norms for road construction especially in the north east. He said norms for road construction applicable in the mainland cannot be implemented in the northeast as the region has unstable soil and experience high rainfall.
- Eight Ambassador from Seven European countries arrived Kohima on a 3-day maiden visit (thohepou.wordpress.com)
- Nagas hope in Prince Andrew’s historic visit (thohepou.wordpress.com)
- Home Minister says Nagaland as most peaceful state (nezone.info)
- Illegal immigrant issue a threat to future survival (nezone.info)
- 15 Facts about Nagaland Tourists need to know (humoriq.wordpress.com)