IMPHAL, April 5: Properties worth around Rs4.75 lakhs was reduced to ashes, while an i20 car caught fire at another place today.
A fire suspected to have ignited from an electric short circuit reduced properties worth Rs 4.75 lakh to ashes at the Premi Variety Store (Shop No C-25) at Heijingang Super Market, Canchipur under Singjamei Police Stations around 12:30 pm today.
The fire damaged six sewing machines, uniforms of two schools, school bags, shoes and other items of the shop which supplies school uniforms.
However, timely arrival of the state fire service tenders and with help of the locals managed to control the fire from spreading further.
The owner of the Premi variety Shop has been identified as Neprem Premi Devi, 41, wife of Bhogen of Uripok presently staying at Thongju Part (II)
In yet another incident, an i-20 car suddenly caught fire while the driver was trying to park it at Imphal east Employment Exchange complex at around 10.30 am.
Speaking to the media persons owner of the i-20 car Nameirakpam Nimaichand, 45 son of Ibohal of Yairipok Nongbram who is also Pradhan of Yairipok Gram panchayat said that he along with one of his friend had come to Imphal east DC office.
As he cannot park his vehicle inside the DC office complex, he drove into the Imphal east Employment exchange complex.
All of a sudden he heard a sound and found the fire erupting from the bonnet, he said.
However, with help of the people and the state fire service the fire was put off he said.