9 years old electrocuted

510

LAMKA, June 28: A nine year old boy, Master Patric Lalmiring, son of (L) Abraham Lalsensuak of Khomoi Village was electrocuted due to the negligence of Electricity Department.

The boy got electrocuted while playing as he reached the iron bar of the newly constructed building which was in contact with the low lying high tension wire. The boy was admitted to the District Hospital and the doctor confirmed of burn injuries on most part of his body except for his legs, which will take time to heal.

Tanpui, owner of the house where the boy was electrocuted told that initially he had asked the Electricity Department twice to repair the low lying wire but no action has been taken so far.

Meanwhile, the officials of the district have promised to look into the matter, when IFP approached them.

It may be mentioned that the same kind of incident and complaints at Lamka town and other places were reported earlier, which led to many casualties at Mission Veng last year in which a marriage party was disturbed, and many youths had been electrocuted and they were revived by staying several days at the hospital.

Many have their opinion that the duty of Electricity Department is just not about collecting bills but also to care for the safety of the public and the general consensus is that the Department has to compensate the victim.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here