Imphal West Fire service controls Paona bazar fire from expanding

233

IMPHAL, February 23: A building at Paona Bazar caught fire today around 9:10 am. However, timely intervention of the fire service managed to douse the fire and save the building from total destruction.

The fire incident occurred in the second floor of the SSI Building located on the northern side of Usha Cinema. The owner of the building has been identified as Md Mangi of Hatta Minuthong; however, a man from Assam identified as only Pradip and his family are said to be staying in the second floor room where the fire started.

It is also learnt that this morning due to a power shutdown, his daughter had lighted a candle and placed it on a wooden table.

As the candle shortened, it set the table on fire which subsequently spread to the other things inside the room, informed the source.

A TV set, washing machine, regulator and pipe of the gas cylinder, some furniture and clothes were burned in the fire.

However, timely intervention of the fire services doused the fire before it spread to the other buildings.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here